Thursday, June 23, 2005

Busy day 2

Huh? I can't install Oracle free edition in lab? Yeah it's true coz it will break the policy. Now I understand. Dr. Janet instructed me not to do it. But the student can install it at home. She wanted to discuss this issue further with her colleagues back in Australia on how to get Oracle free or with discounted price for educational institution. She said that Oracle Malaysia is nasty. huh?

Day 2 meeting revolved around various subjects will be taught and softwares required. I was surprised to hear that for Computer Graphics subject, Java Swing Package will be used throughout the course. Students are expected to develop Computer Graphics applications with it. I have learned it for quite some time and it is quite difficult. They have to remember many Swing APIs and the RAM should be higher than 256 MB to run it smoothly as Java programs will chew up your memory in an instant.

No comments:

Second monitor no display after latest update - KDE-neon

 After latest update as of Oct 3, 2023, my second monitor was undetected with latest kernel (6.2.0-33-generic). If I boot with previous kern...